Associate Professor, Co-Director of the National Centre for Business Law
LL.B. University of Belgrade 1986; LL.M. Central European University, Budapest 1995; LL.M. UBC 1995; Ph.D. UBC 2000
Office Location: Allard Hall, room 454
Personal Web Page: http://faculty.law.ubc.ca/biukovic/
Professor Biuković teaches Contracts, European Union Law, External Relations of European Union, and Comparative Law at the Faculty of Law. Her current research interests are the adaptation of international legal norms by national governments, the impact of regionalism on multilateral trade negotiations and the development of European Union Law. Professor Biuković is an associate of the Institute for European Studies. In 2000-01 she held a Postdoctoral Fellowship with the Institute for European Studies of UBC. She developed and teaches a seminar on External Relations of the European Union for the Institute and the Faculty of Law, for which she received the European Commission's grant "Jean Monnet Module".
Professor Biuković has recently received Farris Award to examine the interface between the arbitration and the courts with primary emphasis on the powers of arbitrators to award equitable remedies.
- European Union Law
- External Relations of European Union
- European union Law
- International Trade Law
- International Dispute Resolution
- Comparative Law
REPRESENTATIVE PUBLISHED WORKS
- "Transparency Issues in Negotiations of the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement between Canada and the European Union" (2012) 39:1 Legal Issues of Economic Integration 93-109.
- "International Law Interrupted - A Case of Selective Adaptation (2010) 60 University of New Brunswick Law Journal 161-177.
- "Anatomy of an Experiment: Consolidation of EU Contract Law" (2008) 42:1 UBC Law Review 277-314.
- "Selective Adaptation of WTO Transparency Norms and Local Practices in China and Japan" (2008) 11 Journal of International Economic Law 1-23.
- "The New Face of CEFTA and its Dispute Resolution Mechanism" (2008) 33:3 Review of Central and East European Law 253-294.
- "Dispute Resolution Mechanisms and Regional Trade Agreements: South American and Caribbean Modalities" (2008) 14 UC Davis Journal of International Law and Policy 255-296.
- "Compliance with International Treaties - Selective Adaptation Analysis" (2006) 44 Canadian Yearbook of International Law 451-477.
- "European Community in Disputes Before GATT/WTO Tribunals: Challenges of Coexistence of Regional Trade Agreements and WTO" (2006) 9 Waseda Proceedings of Comparative Law 105-139.
- "A Search for Effective Measures and Procedures to Enforce Intellectual Property Rights in the European Union" in F. Astengo & N. Neuwahl, eds., A Constitution For Europe? Governance and Policy-Making in the European Union, vol. I (Montreal: University of Montreal, 2004) 175-214.
Publications listed on the UBC Law Library Faculty Research Publications Database